Saturday, August 8, 2009

Question about opening a company?

My dad has his own company he has just started. At the moment it has got no business. I myself have lots of business ideas but neither have the patience nor the time to do the process of opening my own company. If I were to start up all my businesses under my dad%26#039;s company how exactly would that work? How exactly could I do it legally?



For example, lets say my dad%26#039;s company is Dad Company Ltd. and I open up this web hosting service called Hosts under Dad Company Ltd. What do I have to do to legally get my Hosts service under Dad Copmany ltd.? Is all I have to do is mention that Hosts is a subsidiary of Dad Company Ltd. at the bottom of my site or is there something more to it? Can anyone explain?



Also, how/where best can I get in information about the legalties involving running your own web-hosting company. Is the only way is to contact a solictor/lawyer? Is there any other way on the Internet or anywhere to get information/advice about terms and conditions, billing etc.?



Question about opening a company?





I will answer part of this, as I have done this and it is legal, if a bit over the line ! Work as a sub-contractor directly for Dad company. You are a sub, but can use his federal and state info. with his premission. This way you can also funnel income into his company and he can pay you as his ; lets say you are a rental company he uses and he pays you income renting whatever you agreed to supply. Its like an S Corp. set up. You don%26#039;t take a salary, instead you lease your truck and tools to the corp. and take the lease payments ( which are non-tax-able) as income. same trick. just be careful if you do begin making too much money to pay your tax%26#039;s thru DAD co. so he won%26#039;t get in a jam... good luck!



Question about opening a company?



be a regular browser. lot and lots of advt and guidelines are there.



Other Replys:It would be a very bad idea to do this. If one of the companies gets sued, the assets would be available from both.



All business entities should be separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment