Saturday, August 8, 2009

Problem Transferring Domain?

I registered 2 domain names with my previous web hosting company and am now planning to migrate to another new registrar, as well as a new hosting company.



The problem I%26#039;m facing now is that this hosting company is not cooperating to give me the AUTH Code for me to do the transfer. I had previously registered these 2 domains with this hosting company who is an Enom reseller.



My domain is expiring in 1 month%26#039;s time.



I have written many emails to this hosting company without success. Any suggestion what course of action I can take now? Can I take my case to enom?



Problem Transferring Domain?





Do you just own the Domains or do you have site%26#039;s on them? If you have site%26#039;s on them log into the server, and save them on CD or DVD%26#039;s, if they are giving you a problem, and since they run up in a month, go to the other domain registar and purchase the domain again, they have an option that waits for it to default back and purchase it automaticly back into your control but on the other Domain Registar... then you can submit the web sites back through FTP to the server and get them running. Depending on how long they have blown you off, I don%26#039;t know if you can take action against them.. it might be some small print in the agreement you accepted when you purchased it... I dont know who you purchased it from, but for a month, I would do what I said above. Unless you own a popular name web site, then of course the above way is not a good way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment