Saturday, August 8, 2009

My cpu is celeron D and im using it as the host of my network.do it affect the speed of my web brows

the computer connected to me is pentium 4.maybe it grabbing to much speed.



My cpu is celeron D and im using it as the host of my network.do it affect the speed of my web browsing?





Under normal conditions, a celeron has far more thruput than any network adaptor ever will. Maybe this is why so many web servers aren%26#039;t the fastest CPU%26#039;s out there (2.0 ghz celeron%26#039;s are quite common).



My cpu is celeron D and im using it as the host of my network.do it affect the speed of my web browsing?



YEs it will slow your computer WAY down.



Other Replys:It very well can. It all depinds on the speed of your internet conection. If your speed it slow a nuff you will not exspeins extra drag.



But it your speed it hiyer than your CPU can proses information yes that can be a problom Evin if thare are alot of k56ers dling your site thay will fell it.



Other Replys:Celeron and Sempron Processors are missing the L1 cache of memory that allows the information to flow to the processor smoothly. I would have the Pentium 4 machine host and the Celeron be the client, that should resolve your issues, if it%26#039;s a feasable switch. Also what OS are you trying to run on the Celeron, MS Server%26#039;03 is a dog on anything without a L1 cache.

No comments:

Post a Comment