Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How do I specify a port for a subdomain?

I%26#039;m running Apache for web hosting and Microsoft IIS for file hosting. How can I add a subdomain and have it point to the IIS server?



Currently:



www.domain.com -%26gt; hosting, port 80, Apache



xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:123 -%26gt; remote desktop, port 123, IIS



What I want:



www.domain.com -%26gt; hosting, port 80, Apache



sub.domain.com -%26gt; remote desktop, port 123, IIS



Is there any way to do this?



How do I specify a port for a subdomain?





That楹搒 up to your DNS configuration. You DNS has the information for any subdomain. Just set it up so anybody who looks for the subdomains goes to the IIS (a CNAME or PTR record). Then, configure the IIS to listen on port 123.



The browser first looks for the address (domain and subdomain) then for the port on the host.

No comments:

Post a Comment