Saturday, August 8, 2009

Domain transfer?

I had yahoo web hosting and site builder...but i decided to switch web hosts , however I didn%26#039;t cancel my account with yahoo first and now my page is lost in cyberspace.



I%26#039;m trying to retrieve it so that i can re-create a new page, with my new host.



Can you help me figure out how to do it in laymen terms as I%26#039;m a newbie and don%26#039;t know the lingo.



Domain transfer?





i am not clear with your problem.



firstly, do you have a full domain name. like www.microsoft.com or www.vkinfotek.com ?



if so, you are the rightful owner of the domain. no one, can hold it back from you. you should contact domain registrar for restoring your domain name.



next, when you switch domain hosting, you have to inform your new hoster about your situation and obtain the relevant ip address.



you have to inform your domain registrar of the switch and furnish your new hosting ip address.



Domain transfer?



Type in google, yahoo



cache:domain.com you might get a cached version of your websit, not buy web hosting from website like http://aplis.net/ , and then change the name server of your domain point to the name server of new web host.

No comments:

Post a Comment