Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Do i need to ask permission of anyone/department before uploading a video clip on my website ?

I want to upload some videos about my city, people live in my city. I contacted a video man to ask him make some clips for me but he said i should ask a department for permission yet to make sure the content of my video is accepted before upload or i should contact my web hosting first before upload any video. Is it right ? My web hosting is freewebs, so i have to contact them ?



Do i need to ask permission of anyone/department before uploading a video clip on my website ?





No. If the video is shot in the open in a public place, then you don%26#039;t need permission, even if people are clearly recognizable.



If you shoot video in a place where people have an expectation of privacy - like a gym for example - they you need permission from the individuals.



Owners of buildings cannot object to you showing the exterior, but they can objec to any shots in the interior, and for that you should have permission.



Regardless, you would never need the permission of your web hosting company, unless their contract bans you from putting video content on your web pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment