Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My parents think everyone I talk to on MSN etc, are paedophiles, how can I convince them otherwise?

I have a sizeable contact list with about 99% of people I know from school, but the other 1% really worries my parents. I was after web hosting, and one of the people I met off PlaneShift, offered me cheapish hosting compared to what I was prepared to pay, however my parents will have nothing of it, even though he lives in another country and I%26#039;m safe around the internet. Please someone help me, its a bit annoying that I can%26#039;t talk to anyone who doesn%26#039;t know me in person. My friends have people on their list from other countries and their parents are okay as long as they dont give out personal details, which I dont do anyway. Can someone help me out a bit?



My parents think everyone I talk to on MSN etc, are paedophiles, how can I convince them otherwise?





1) Your parents love you and are trying to protect you.



2) Your parents are more worldly than you are and know how sick some people can be.



3) There really are pervs out there that are preying on naive young people.



4) How do you know that he lives in another country? He could be lying about it. Everything he tells you could be a lie.



5) Don%26#039;t compare your friends%26#039; parents to yours. Bad idea.



6) Read the newspaper. Watch TV. The pervs are in the news every day. They see the Internet as their personal SEX playground and you might be their next victim.



7) You think it won%26#039;t happen to you because you TRUST the people on your contact list. It WILL happen if you are too trusting. Don%26#039;t be naive.



8) No, I%26#039;m not your parent. But you really should do your homework, eat your vegetables, talk less on the cell phone and listen to your parents.



My parents think everyone I talk to on MSN etc, are paedophiles, how can I convince them otherwise?



u can bring horse to the well to drink the water but u can make him drink



Other Replys:Obey your parents without question!



Other Replys:Take your parents with you if and when you meet your friends. Don%26#039;t give out personal information on the internet.They%26#039;re only looking out for you, after all.



Other Replys:your parents are right! you do not know who you speak to



be careful !and you do not know where the people live !



listen to your parents and do not make friends with strangers on the net



a mother !



Other Replys:All I can think for you to do it to get your parents as involved as possible in your Internet usage. This will indeed cost you some privacy but it might settle them down. You might also point out that a pedophile on the other end of a computer connection is much safer than one next to you on the bus.



Other Replys:What makes you think just because you know someone they won%26#039;t hurt you?

No comments:

Post a Comment