Monday, July 13, 2009

Can my non profit website accept monetary donations to be used towards the site?

I am preparing to start up a small gaming review website that is going to be non profit. (This is a site primarily for personal fun between a few friends.) All the costs are going to come primarily out of my pocket, but I have given thought to possibly accepting donations. The donations would be used for paying for web hosting, web design and buying video games and accessories to be used towards supplying content for the site.



My question is can I legally accept donations for that purpose (Especially the video games and whatnot) and if I can what legal reporting obligations would I need to fulfill?



Can my non profit website accept monetary donations to be used towards the site?





you need to register as a nonprofit organization - there are legal and tax issues related to accepting donations.



You should first check the Small Business Administration website guide for setting up a nonprofit business at http://www.sba.gov and also the IRS site at http://www.irs.gov for information on how to register your company as a nonprofit before you can accept donations.



Can my non profit website accept monetary donations to be used towards the site?



Nobody is going to donate money for Entertainment.



People spend more money on Videogames than on movie tickets.



You need to sell advertising in your web site just like the rest of us.



Top 3 Answerer in Business %26amp; Finance. (Vote for me)



Other Replys:Stop trying to run a SCAM



Other Replys:I%26#039;m not sure but you could probably try to get with paypal and except credit card payments. If you were honest about what the money is going to then it should be legal but I%26#039;m not certain on that. You might want to talk to a lawyer or someone who would know all the specific legalities for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment