Monday, July 13, 2009

How to install MySQL locally?

I%26#039;m a pretty technical guy. I know everything about front end development but I can%26#039;t seem to grasp backend dev. I%26#039;m going to be using Cold Fusion with MySQL. I have paid for a web hosting account with a MySQL database and all I need to do is get the server environment on my local machine. I%26#039;ve gotten ColdFusion working with a MS Access database-- that%26#039;s easy-- I just can%26#039;t seem to grasp MySQL. Is there a good tutorial you can recommend? Thanks! (P.S. I already tried MySQL%26#039;s site and plenty of Google searches.)



Since I already have MySQL installed on my hosting server, all I need is the free (non-enterprise version) right??



How to install MySQL locally?





Install this:



http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.ht...



Don%26#039;t bother with MySQL with IIS.



How to install MySQL locally?



http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=How...



Other Replys:I downloaded MySQL version 5.1 from:



http://dev.mysql.com/downloads



I have it running on XP SP2 using the IIS server that came with XP and it all works great together. Also have PHP running on the same machine (it also works well with IIS).



You may also have to install ODBC drivers on your Windows machine for MySQL to function. You can get it there also: MySQL ODBC 3.51 - see ODBCAD32.exe for list of Data Sources on your system. You can actually perform command line queries after you log into the server. Type the path to MySQL at the cmd prompt: Mine is: CD C:\mysql\bin and then mysql. Also MySQL Manager comes bundled with the new MySQL releases. You can connect and administer your DBs, tables, users and stuff using that.

No comments:

Post a Comment