Monday, July 13, 2009

How to listen to my MP3 collection from another computer?

I have a small (very legal) MP3 collection that I would like to listen to from different computers, across the internet. My MP3s live on a Windows file server which also has web hosting turned on. Ideally, I would either be able to load winamp, point it at my home IP address (the server) and access, control and listen to them remotely OR I would be able to view a web based MP3 player that would run from the server, playing the songs locally through my browser. The key to both is that it needs to be easy to implement, easy to use and free!



Thanks in advance for any help...



How to listen to my MP3 collection from another computer?





I believe there are several winamp plugins on winamps website that will assist you in doing exactly that.



If I am not mistaken, Winamp can do what you are asking by default. But it may be easier to configure if you use one of the plug ins on Winamps site.



Though, this type of thing is not my specialty.



How to listen to my MP3 collection from another computer?



You could probably use Terminal Server and check the %26quot;Send sound to remote client%26quot; option.



If they are protected files, I dont think it will work in any other way....

No comments:

Post a Comment