Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How may I change my domain name on yahoo without attracting a new fee.?

I have recently signed up and paid for a domain name on yahoo web hosting, however I now believe the name to be unsuitable. Do I have to pay to change or use another available domain name with the same host?



How may I change my domain name on yahoo without attracting a new fee.?





There is an annual fee for every domain name you register, and this fee is not refundable even if you cancel your registration. Very few people actively cancel registrations - they usually passively let them expire - since there is no financial benefit. Every domain name registrar has this policy, not just Yahoo!



So, if you registered wosley.net and realized wosley.com is a better fit for you, you will have to register the second name and pay for the new name. You can%26#039;t %26quot;return%26quot; the old name.



However, you don%26#039;t have to pay for a second hosting plan. Once you have registered your new domain name, let your hosting provider (in this case, Yahoo!) know that your domain name has changed. They will change their servers to reflect the new domain name registration



If you choose to register your domain name thru a registar other than Yahoo!, your domain name registration remains with that registrar and you are responsible for all ongoing domain name registration/renewal fees. To use your existing domain name with a Yahoo! service you have to direct your name servers to Yahoo!. You will need to do a DNS transfer. Here is the info for Yahoo! hosting:



Primary name server: yns1.yahoo.com



Primary IP address: 66.218.71.205



Secondary name server: yns2.yahoo.com



Secondary IP address: 216.109.116.20



I recommend registering the new domain name and pointing it to Yahoo! before having Yahoo! change their records so you don%26#039;t have any down time.



Also, your old domain name is not %26quot;useless%26quot;. You can forward your old domain to your new domain, so that if someone types in www.olddomain.com they get redirected to www.newdomain.com



How may I change my domain name on yahoo without attracting a new fee.?



You must register and pay for each domain name.

1 comment:

  1. I registered the Domain name in the site Tucktail.comThey provided me free blog...

    ReplyDelete